ATM/EFTPOS Card: safer than carrying lots of cash and a more convenient way to pay
Access in New Zealand and overseas
Your card will give you access to one Transaction and/or Savings account through national and international (MasterCard) ATM and EFTPOS networks.
Westpac is our preferred ATM network provider and has the second largest ATM network in New Zealand. You can find your nearest Westpac ATM here.
Keep your PIN secure
Change your PIN through the self-select PIN facility available at all The Co-operative Bank branches.
Use it as ID in branch
Your ATM/EFTPOS Card is a useful form of identification when you're at a branch of The Co-operative Bank.
Safety tips when using your card
- Take care of your card - Make sure you know where your card is at all times. Take particular care in crowded places like nightclubs, hotels or restaurants where pickpockets could be active. When you're using your card, never let it out of your sight.
- Protect your PIN - Do not tell anyone your PIN or Password or let them have access to your Card (not even the Police, bank staff or your friends and family).There is no legitimate reason why anyone would require your PIN. Even during an investigation by bank staff or Police your PIN is not required.
- Cover up - Make sure no-one can see you enter your PIN at ATMs or when using EFTPOS.
- Check your statements - If you see any unauthorised transactions advise us immediately.
Get a ATM/EFTPOS Card today
Contact or drop in to your local branch, or call us today on 0800 554 554.
EFTPOS and ATM daily limits
The Co-operative Bank has the following daily limits in place:
- EFTPOS purchases - maximum of $4000 per card per calendar day.
- ATM withdrawals - maximum of $1500 per card per calendar day.
The Co-operative Bank Card application criteria applies.
All rates are subject to change.